The Future of Chiropractic with Dr Edwin Cordero DC Pres Sherman College – Chiro Hustle Podcast 247
Dr. Edwin Cordero began his tenure as the fifth president of Sherman College of Chiropractic in January 2013 and is responsible for guiding the direction of a chiropractic college he believes has profoundly influenced – and will continue to shape – the chiropractic profession. He ran a successful chiropractic office for 19 years, frequently speaks at key industry events, and is dedicated to serving the profession, having participated in many humanitarian chiropractic mission trips. He is bilingual in Spanish and English and served as the Chiropractor for the Costa Rican team in the Central American Olympic Games for eight years.
Dr. Cordero has mentored students and chiropractors through motivational speaking engagements for the past eight years at chiropractic associations, conferences, and other organizations around the world. He is leading Sherman College in becoming the preeminent chiropractic school in the U.S. and the world, and he is strengthening the college’s cultural legacy of outstanding academics, chiropractic philosophy, excellent faculty, technique, and research.
Since his presidency began in 2013, Dr. Cordero and Sherman College have: • Grown enrollment from 190 to over 400 students over the last eight years, while chiropractic colleges across the nation remain stagnant in enrollment.
• Maintains an aggressive travel schedule filled with events to promote the college, raise funds, recruit new students, engages with regents and newcomers, and alumni roadshows.
• Signed academic partnership agreements and created pre-chiropractic programs with institutions across the nation and around the world to promote its doctor of chiropractic program and enrich scholarship opportunities for faculty and students.
• Been named to the coveted Military Friendly® Schools list, a designation given to the top 15 percent of colleges, universities, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success in the classroom and after graduation.
• Established a President’s Assembly program to bring top-notch speakers to campus and keep students inspired during their day-to-day studies.
• Campus improvements have given the college more versatile spaces, expanded patient care options, and will accommodate continued growth. The Drs. Thom and Betty Gelardi Student Center, named in honor of the college’s founder and his wife, is a new building addition to the campus (Feb. 2019). The (event) center is a convenient venue opportunity for the community and nearby businesses, as well as acclaimed chiropractic seminars for student and faculty attendance.
Dr. Cordero and his devoted wife, Debbie, have two adult children, John and Michelle, and 5 grandchildren